*For Halloween Day - (Friday, Oct. 31st)
You are welcome to dress up for Halloween on Friday, Oct. 31st, but please be aware that the following dress/costume restrictions will be in effect:
- Face paint cannot cover entire face
- No hats/head coverings/bandanas or masks
- No lewd, suggestive and/or inappropriate dress/costumes – shoulders, cleavage, legs must be covered as per school dress code policy
- No sunglasses
- No fake or real weapons as part of a costume or otherwise – look-alike guns, knives, swords, etc.
- No colored contacts allowed– eyes may be decorated to coincide with costume theme
- Dress/costumes deemed “inappropriate” and/or especially distracting to the learning process will not be allowed
- Student dress and behavior must be in line with student conduct policies and procedures
Dear Royal Nation,
The 2014-2015 school year fast approaches! We hope you are enjoying these dwindling dog days of summer! It’s a great time to be a Royal! The purpose of this letter is to orient students and parents about a few things to expect as we embark on a new year. We will continue to implement a highly successful Royal R&R / Enrichment Program at Roy High—an academic program designed to provide a greater degree of support to ALL of our great students—from those achieving at the highest levels to those who may be struggling academically, attendance-wise, or in any other facet of high school life—and all students in between! We are committed to getting our Royals college & career ready, and, in an ever-changing, fast-paced world, educators must think outside of the box to prepare students for life beyond high school. We believe this ongoing Royal R&R (Review & Reward) program will continue to serve all of our students well, in this regard! Theattached bell schedule provides a visual of what the program looks like, integrated into our daily/weekly bell schedule. We’re excited to see you at registration (Seniors: Aug. 6th - 8-11 a.m.; Juniors: Aug. 6th – 12-3 p.m.; Sophomores: Aug. 7th - 8-11 a.m. You’ll get your photo taken for your student ID, and school dress code is in effect!